Here's something you can do right now to make 2012 an AMAZING year! You're already busy, of course -- but before time gets away from you, why not take stock of your priorities for the year ahead? We're not talking about New Year's Resolutions here! They don't work! In fact, based on Gallup Poll findings, 24% of New Year's Resolutions are broken in the very first week! 53% are broken within six months! And get this, 92% are broken by year end!
As an alternative, as you visualize your priorities for the year ahead, here's an exercise you can do, and I think you'll find it very helpful. The exercise consists of asking yourself these six questions about last year:
1. What was your biggest success in 2011?
2. What was the best decision you made?
3. What was the most important lesson you learned?
4. What made you the happiest?
5. Who had the greatest positive impact on you?
6. What were you most grateful for?
Now I've got one more important question for you ... and the answer to this question will help you see things even more clearly in 2012. Here's the question:
7. If you could re-live 2011, knowing now everything that happened, and everything you did to make things happen the way they did, what would you do differently?
Answering all seven questions is like having a crystal ball! Save these, and your answers to them, in a safe place. At the end of each year, answer them again. You'll find clarity and conviction to carry you through the year, as you accomplish whatever you decide is really important to you!
And forget New Year's Resolutions! Instead, make a commitment to yourself that you WILL MAKE 2012 a wonderful year, in spite of change, in spite of conditions, in spite of circumstances!
Your life is your choice! What the New Year brings you is up to YOU!
MAKE it a great day...every day! JOEL